Extra-virgin cod liver oil
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is high quality, wild, unheated cod liver oil. Rich in vitamins A, D and omega-3 fatty acids. For heart & blood vessels, brain function and immune system among other things. Liquid or as capsules. Enough for 30 servings.
- In stock
- Shipped same day
- Delivery throughout the EU
What is cod liver oil?
Cod liver oil is a centuries-old fish oil supplement. It is the oil that is released from the liver of cod when the temperature is slightly higher than ocean water. This oil is a good source of vitamin A, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. Cod liver oil is rich in the omega-3 fats EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), but also contains omega-4, -6, -7, -9 and -11. The fat-soluble vitamins A and D mainly occur as retinol and cholecalciferol (D3). These forms are easy to absorb and use by our body.
Omega-3 fats are polyunsaturated. This means that they are quickly damaged when heated or exposed to oxygen and light. Damaged omega-3 fats lose their health benefits. That's why it's important to choose an omega-3 supplement that protects the vulnerable fatty acids as much as possible during and after production.
Health benefits of cod liver oil
You can expect these benefits from cod liver oil due to the amount of vitamin A, vitamin D and the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA.
Heart and blood vessels
DHA and EPA contribute to a normal level of triglycerides in the blood, help maintain normal blood pressure and contribute to the normal functioning of the heart. Vitamin A helps maintain a good iron level in the blood.
The nervous system
DHA is an important building block for the brain and helps maintain normal brain function (at 250 mg DHA per day).
Vitamins A and D contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Vitamin D has this benefit for both adults and children.
Growth and development
Vitamins A and D contribute to normal cell division and specialisation. Vitamin D is important for building and maintaining strong muscles.
Bones and teeth
Vitamin D contributes to the absorption of calcium and phosphorus from food and to their use by the body. This includes increasing calcium absorption in the bones and supporting bone formation in children. Vitamin D is also important for maintaining strong teeth.
Eyes and skin
Vitamin A helps maintain normal skin and mucous membranes. Vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids help normal vision (at 250 mg DHA per day).
Raw wild-caught cod liver oil from the Norwegian fjords
Cod liver oil could be a great supplement for vitamins A, D and omega-3 fatty acids. But it is also very fragile and that's why it requires careful processing and strict quality controls. Rosita is a small Norwegian family business that produces cod-liver oil in the traditional way. Small-scale production allows only the best quality cod to be selected.
Wild cod (Gadus Morhua) are caught by hand according to Norwegian quotas. The cod livers are lightly heated (never warmer than 10°C) in an oxygen-free, dark environment. Cod liver oil is released and collected for 15 minutes. The oil is decanted and filtered for contaminants & sediment. The cod liver oil is immediately packaged in bottles with natural antioxidants and nitrogen to protect the vulnerable fats as best as possible. The composition and purity of each batch has been independently tested and is free of contamination.
Apart from vitamin E and rosemary oil, Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil contains no additives and the cod liver oil is free of nuts, dairy products, eggs, cereals & gluten, corn, soy and yeast.
Liquid oil or capsules
Rosita supplies this cod liver oil as liquid oil or packed in fish gelatine capsules. Because of the capsule packaging, the cod liver oil is more expensive for the same dosage. An important benefit is that these capsules don't need to be refrigerated, making them convenient for travelling. They don't taste like fish either, which makes them a good option if you're not a fan of the taste of the oil.
All the benefits of Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil
- Unheated, wild-caught cod-liver oil for best effectiveness
- Natural source of omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Highly effective vitamin A (retinol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Good for:
- heart and blood vessels
- brain development
- eye and eyesight development
- immune system
- bones and teeth
- the skin and mucous membranes
- Made in the traditional way (without heating or pressing) for the highest quality
- Available as liquid oil or capsules
- Liquid oil is more economical per dosage, but must be stored refrigerated
- Capsules can be kept outside the fridge and do not have a "fishy" taste
- Free of contaminants, additives and most allergens
Ingredients & Usage
Oil dosage per day:
- Adults: 1 teaspoon or as much as needed
- Children and sensitive individuals: start with 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon and increase as necessary
- Babies: 2-3 drops as necessary. Administration can be done with a pipette or on a spoon before a meal
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women: do not take more than 1/4 teaspoon per day
- Children up to 3 years of age should not exceed 1/2 teaspoon per day due to vitamin A content.
Capsule dosage per day:
- Adults: 3 softgels or as many as necessary
- Children and sensitive individuals: start with 1 softgel and increase as necessary. The softgel can be opened with a needle and the oil expressed in the mouth of a young child.
- Babies: 2-3 drops as necessary. The softgel can be opened with a needle and the oil expressed in the mouth.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women: do not take more than 1 softgel a day.
Take cod liver oil in the morning with a meal. When taken later in the day, vitamin D can be disruptive for sleep.
Allow the liquid cod liver oil to cool completely in the refrigerator before opening the bottle for the first time. This is the best way to preserve the omega-3 fatty acids. Store in the refrigerator.
One bottle of Extra Virgin Rosita Cod Liver Oil Liquid contains 150 mL, enough for 30 servings.
One jar of Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil Softgels contains 90 softgels, enough for 30 portions.
|Nutritional value per portion||1 teaspoon (5 mL) | % RDA||3 softgels | % RDA|
|Energy||45 kcal | 2 %||15 kcal | 1 %|
|Fats||4.5 g | 6 %||1.1 g | 2 %|
|- Saturated||1 g | 5 %||0.5 g | 3 %|
|- Omega-3 fatty acids||1293 mg | *||417 mg | *|
|- - DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||605 mg | *||195 mg | *|
|- - EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)||443 mg | *||143 mg | *|
|Cholesterol||20 mg | *||5 mg | *|
|Vitamin A||3.900 IU / 1170 mcg RAE | 146 %||1.260 IU / 378 mcg RAE | 47 %|
|Vitamin D||395 IU / 10 mcg | 198 %||127 IU / 3 mcg | 64 %|
RDA = standard recommended daily intake based on a daily intake of 2000 kcal.
* RDA unknown
RAE = retinol activity equivalents = measure of vitamin A efficacy
Softgel (fish gelatine, water, glycerine)*, wild & raw extra virgin cod liver oil, antioxidants (traces of rosemary extract & non-GMO natural mixed tocopherols)
* Just in softgels
No allergens listed
Store the liquid oil in a dark and cooled place.
Keep the capsules dry, cool and dark.
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is a dietary supplement that falls within the category of Fats and is no replacement for a healthy and balanced diet and/or lifestyle.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not use if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your medical practitioner first.
Glein, N-8820 Dønna