The TrueDark Twilight Elite blue light block glasses stop 95% of the blue, violet and green light. Protects melatonin production in the evening. Lightweight. Good fit. Unisex. Endorsed by Dave Asprey.
- In stock
- Shipped same day
- Delivery throughout the EU
Why use blue light blocking glasses?
Junk light has a big impact on your sleep. Your body, and especially your day-night rhythm, is sensitive to light and the different colours of light. For example, light determines the production of your natural sleep hormone melatonin. Blue light stops the production of melatonin. During the day, when your body expects the most blue light, you stay awake. In the evening you want to avoid blue light to fall asleep easily.
Artificial lighting and screens of electronic devices often emit a lot of blue light. That's why the use of such lights or devices at night can disrupt your sleep. This can be an issue if you have LED lamps in your house or use screens shortly before bedtime.
So use blue light blocking glasses when you can't avoid blue light in the evening.
Why the TrueDark Twilight Elite blue light blocking glasses?
Blue light filter glasses are becoming more widely available. Their quality and effectiveness are still highly variable. TrueDark is one of the best brands currently available.
Twilight Elite glasses block 95% of blue, green and violet light. These glasses are useful when you read a book in the evening with a reading light or from an e-reader without backlight.
TrueDark blue filter glasses are recommended by Dave Asprey, the founder of Bulletproof and a well-known biohacker. He is also a co-founder of TrueDark.
Patented, durable glasses
TrueDark Twilight Elite glasses block 95% of blue, green and violet light (all wavelengths less than 590 nm). These colours of light have the most effect on melatonin production.
The patented TrueDark glasses are made of scratch-resistant polycarbonate and are fully coloured. The fully coloured lenses do not lose their effectiveness when scratched and also protect against UV radiation. Other brands of blue filter glasses often use colourless lenses with a coloured coating. They are not as effective when they are scratched.
Lightweight, modern frame
The frame is made of high-quality lightweight aluminium. The spring hinges ensure a good fit. The frame has a modern look and gives wide coverage of the eyes.
The TrueDark Twilight Elite anti-blue light glasses come in a foldable hard-shell glasses case with a microfibre cleaning cloth.
All the benefits of these blue light blocking glasses
- Blocks 95% of blue, violet and green light
- Protects against light that disrupts melatonin production
- Useful in the evening when you can't avoid artificial light
- Ideal when reading in bed with a reading light.
- Suitable for m/f
- Lightweight glasses with a good fit
- Scratch-resistant, polarised, fully coloured lenses
- Recommended by Dave Asprey
Wear the glasses 30 to 120 minutes before bedtime to protect your melatonin production from junk light. Useful when you:
- still use screens or have bright lights on in the evening
- change time zones or want to adjust your day-night rhythm
- when you want to sleep when it is still light outside, for example during long summer days
You can use the TrueDark Daywalker Elite to protect against daytime junk light.
The TrueDark Twilight Classic glasses have a completely closed frame and therefore stop 100% of blue, green and violet light. Ideal when you still use screens in the evening or read in bed with a tablet.
- Do not use these glasses while driving or operating heavy machinery or other operations that suffer from fatigue, change in depth of vision or changes in the colour spectrum.
- Avoid using TrueDark Twilight Elite glasses if you work at night or need to concentrate heavily.
In these cases, use the TrueDark Daywalker and then switch to TrueDark Twilight when you're done.
5836 S 228th Street
Kent, WA 98032
5405 AC Uden