The Biohacker's Handbook is a comprehensive guide to improving sleep, nutrition, athletic, professional, and cognitive performance. English language, hardcover edition.
- In stock
- Shipped same day
- Delivery throughout the EU
What is biohacking?
Our definition of biohacking is: manipulating the biochemical processes in your body to create the best version of yourself.
In practice, it means using food, habits, exercise, and technology that make you healthier. These are biohacks, a kind of trick that you can often implement with very little effort. You just need to know exactly how to use a biohack to get the best results. You can find an explanation of which biohacks exist, how to use them, and why they work in The Biohacker's Handbook.
The Biohacker's Handbook: a comprehensive guide for a better body and mind
The Biohacker's Handbook gives you a guide to 5 major areas where biohacking can greatly improve your performance: sleep, nutrition, athletic, professional, and cognitive performance.
Each chapter contains an introduction to the relevant biology, important points to watch out for, practical tips, and ready-to-use instructions for biohacking. You'll not only learn which biohacks are available to you, but also why they work and how you can adapt them to your situation.
This beautiful hardcover edition of the Biohacker's Handbook is 544 pages long, filled with helpful illustrations, and supported by 1,560 references. The book also contains links to additional online resources for more in-depth information.
The Biohacker's Handbook was written by three Finnish biohackers, each with their own field of expertise.
Olli Sovijärvi is a physician who specialises in nutrition and holistic medicine and gives training sessions on biohacking and nutrition.
Teemu Arina is a technology expert with a focus on integrating technology for productivity and health improvements.
Jaakko Halmetoja is a nutrition expert who focuses on achieving peak health through nutrition and lifestyle.
Features of The Biohacker's Handbook
- English hardcover edition with 544 pages
- 5 key areas of biohacking: nutrition, sleep, athletic, professional and cognitive performance
- Written by 3 experts with unique perspectives on biohacking
- Supported by 1,560 references
- With informative, original illustrations
- 1st edition
- ISBN: 978-952-7241-09-7 (Hardcover)
Chapter 1: Sleep
- Why sleep matters
- Sleep stages: the secret to better sleep
- Tools for upgrading sleep
- Preparing for better sleep
- Going to bed
- Wake up naturally
- Measuring and tracking sleep
- Tips and guides
Chapter 2: Nutrition
- You are what you eat
- Structure and functions of the digestive system
- Microbiome the key to a healthy stomach
- Hypersensitivity and toxins
- Intestinal bacterial strain and how to support the digestive functions
- Food preparation methods
- Measuring the state of nutrition
- Reviewing nutrients
Chapter 3: Exercise
- Exercise and health
- Heart function
- Circulation and microcirculation
- Respiratory system and respiratory capacity
- Skeletal muscles and motor control
- Metabolism the cornerstone of energetic life
- Methods to improve physical performance
- Measuring exercise and physical performance
Chapter 4: Work
- Meaningful work
- Regulating blood sugar
- Intermittent fasting and ketosis
- Regulating blood pressure
- Memory functions
- Work ergonomics and methods for working better
- Flow optimal experience of work
- Optimizing travel
- Monitoring and measuring the work environment and ways of working
Chapter 5: Mind
- I think therefore I am?
- The structure and functions of the brain
- Methods for upgrading your mind
- Technologies for the mind
- Different forms of therapy
- Measuring mind function
Biohacker Center, BHC Inc.
PO Box 955